Property Details for MLS® # A1017139
74194 Highway 40, Rural Bighorn No. 8, M.d. Of
2 Storey Detached Home for Sale
- MLS®#: A1017139
- Size: 9.88 acres
- Price: $879,000
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3(full) 0(half)
- Status: Active
- Year Built: 1995
Peace, serenity, & SOLITUDE. This gorgeous, spacious rustic home offers wildlife, mountain views, trees galore, & a 5 car heated garage w/ loft! Nestled in the trees, this 9.88 +/- acre treed property offers the perfect private oasis for you to get away from it all. Step inside, and you are greeted by rich, 'first cut' fir wood floors, 10' ceilings, and a welcoming ambience that says 'Welcome HOME.' The large living room is warmed by a cozy wood stove fireplace & rock feature wall. The kitchen is a gourmet's delight, boasting a gas stove, SS appliances, spectacular granite counters, tons of cabinets and counter space, & a convenient movable island for entertaining! A bright breakfast nook/casual dining space is just off the kitchen, while a large dining rm is next to the living rm for more formal gatherings. A family rm with a cherry wood built-in feature wall & gas fireplace is the ideal spot to wind down, relax, and watch a show. A large mud rm, 3pc bath & laundry area wrap up the main flr. Upstairs, you will find a grand Master suite, with huge vaults, a separate sitting area, gorgeous views, and a lovely ensuite. 2 Additional roomy bedrooms, each with their own unique view, a 4 pce bath and an office/den round out this level. Outside, a wrap around deck invites you to sit and enjoy nature, and take in everything this property has to offer. The 5 car detached garage features overhead radiant gas heaters, 2 air filtration systems, 220V power, and has a full length loft above that is great for a hobby or craft area, or extra storage. Many improvements have been made in recent years, including a new furnace, new sump pump, new pressure tank & motor for pump, new water softener, reverse osmosis system, septic distribution redone approx. 2 years ago, new drainage culverts, new toilets, a new shower, new door, and some new windows. The 5 GPM well feeds a 500 gal. cistern to ensure a steady supply of water, which is tested annually. A generator will keep things powered in the event of electrical power loss, and 2 greenhouses provide the gardener in you a place to grow your own veggies. A metal 'snow roof' is fabulous in the winter time, and there is high speed internet available via satellite (fast enough to stream movies!). The inviting feel of this home will inspire you! Year round home or supreme getaway - you choose - ideal for both! Pavement all the way right to the driveway, and cell phone service is available. Don't wait - it's calling you!
Contact Kelly Kernick About MLS® A1017139
Kelly Kernick, 403-875-7629 at Urban Real Estate Services, 820, 26th Street NE , Calgary, Alberta, T2A 2M4
- Property Type: Detached Home
- MLS®#: A1017139
- Style: Acreage with Residence,2 Storey
- Year Built: 1995
- Lot Size: 9.88 acres
- Lot Shape: Backs on to Park/Green Space,Conservation,No Neighbours Behind,Irregular Lot,Many Trees,Meadow,Native Plants,Private,Secluded,See Remarks,Sloped,Treed,Views,Wooded
- Total Floor Area: 2,601 sq.ft
- Neighbourhood: Rural Bighorn No. 8, M.D. of
- City: Rural Bighorn No. 8, M.D. of
- Postal Code: T1T 1T1
- Included: 2 Greenhouses, Ceiling fans, storage shed, hood fan,
- Bedrooms: 3 (Bedrooms Above: 3)
- Bathrooms: Full: 3
- Rooms Above Grade: 8
- Basement: Crawl Space, Crawl Space, See Remarks
- Floor Finish: Ceramic Tile, Wood
- Exterior Features: Backs on to Park/Green Space, Conservation, No Neighbours Behind, Irregular Lot, Many Trees, Meadow, Native Plants, Private, Secluded, See Remarks, Sloped, Treed, Views, Wooded
- Exterior Finish: Metal Frame, Wood Siding
- Roof: Metal
services & amenities
- Parking: 220 Volt Wiring, Additional Parking, Driveway, Insulated, Detached Garage, Garage Door Opener, Gated, Gravel Driveway, Heated Garage, Oversized, Quad or More Detached, RV Access/Parking, See Remarks, Shared Driveway, Workshop in Garage
- Heating: Forced Air,Natural Gas,Wood
By Creating an Account You'll Access:
- More Rural Bighorn No. 8, M.D. of Listings Browse through every listing in the MLS® System and do as many different searches as you like!
- Days on Market & Financial Info See protected details including Days on Market, Taxes, Condo Fees, Possession Dates, and more!
- Save Your Favorites Star favorite listings, add personal notes, and save custom searches you use frequently!
- Real Time Email Notifications Opt in to receive emails when new properties are listed that match your saved searches!
THE REAL ESTATE COMPANY